BREEAM is the world’s leading sustainability method for master planning projects, infrastructure and buildings. Its methodology allows buildings to be assessed in terms of design, construction and future proofing using a common framework and recognised scoring system.
Our sustainability team at Whitecode includes experienced BREEAM assessors who are also qualified as BREEAM Accredited Professionals. We can complete BREEAM assessments on the following building types:
- Commercial (offices, retail and industrial)
- Multi-residential (student accommodation, nursing homes)
- Public (healthcare centres, schools, higher education, courts, prisons)
- Other buildings (libraries, hotel, sporting facilities)
- Non-domestic refurbishment of any commercial building
- Domestic refurbishment (e.g. conversion of office into residential)
Our BREEAM assessors will support you through every step of the assessment. Many reports required for the BREEAM assessment can be provided by our wider sustainability team
Ene01 SBEM, Ene01 Operational energy, Ene04 Low carbon design, Ene08 Energy efficient transportation systems, Man04 Thermographic survey, Hea01 Daylighting, Hea04 Thermal comfort, Mat01 Life cycle analysis of materials
Pre-assessment and planning stage
We pride ourselves in providing pre-assessments at Planning stage which target credits that are practical and achievable for the development. We have experience in working on the mandatory pre-planning requirements for BREEAM New Construction 2018, to ensure you don’t miss out on those vital early credits.
Using our bespoke tracker to engage the design team, we will collect the design stage evidence, providing accessible and easy to digest guidance and templates to make the process as straightforward as possible. Our BREEAM assessors will organise workshops for the team to ensure the BREEAM target is met and the Design Stage certificate can be awarded.
Post Construction stage
At this stage the final assessment of the site is completed, through a site inspection by your BREEAM assessor prior to handover. They will also assist with collecting the remaining evidence to provide you with your final BREEAM certificate
Why use Whitecode?
- Experienced BREEAM assessors who are also BREEAM Accredited Professionals
- Knowledge from a wide range of previous commercial schemes
- Direct communication with the MEP team, if you also use Whitecode for MEP services Able to provide reports for further BREEAM credits within our team
We make BREEAM as straightforward as possible, through engagement with the team and bespoke trackers
Like to Know More? Let's Talk...